We are seeking an Interior Designer with 5 – 7 years’ experience in residential interiors to join our team. Fixtures and furnishings background is a plus. We have a wide variety of work including new homes, additions, residential historic preservation, and small commercial projects.
- Able to independently draft and understand architectural interiors, construction, and fixtures & furnishings.
- Extensive knowledge of the purchasing process.
- Skilled at developing and coordinating designs from concept through project completion
- Familiarity with drafting and 3D rendering software. (Hand drawing ability a bonus)
- Generate, create, and manage schedules, budgets, and purchase orders
- Experience with budgeting and cost estimating in Excel
- Ability to source and specify furnishings, tile, lighting, etc.
- Track and coordinate installation of all fixtures and furnishings
- Travel to and from job sites, vendors and showrooms as required
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational and time management skills
- Creativity and ability to think outside the box
- Professional work ethic and appearance
- Strong ability to multi-task with time management skills
- 5 – 7 years of experience in residential Interior Design is required
- Proficiency in drafting preferred
- Familiar with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, Excel, Word, etc.
The fast-paced nature of our firm requires that the appropriate candidate be flexible, a quick learner, and able to shift gears at any given moment. This person should also be self-starter, with a positive attitude and the ability to handle stressful situations. They must be able to take direction well, manage their workload, work well under pressure, tolerate interruptions and redirection, client requests, and recognize issues while offering alternative solutions with exceptional follow through. They should work well independently and as a team. Strong communication and documentation skills are required with the ability to utilize technology for productive long-
This is not a remote work position. All applicants must be local and able to commute to the office in Ipswich.
Compensation: Hourly, commensurate with experience