We restored this unusual double house, sited on a corner in Ipswich’s Historic Meeting House Green District. The two entrances and two asymmetrical bays, along with wooden architectural elements of the original 1720 dwelling, were preserved, including molding, stairways, paneling, and mantelpieces. Originally a much smaller house, additions had been made through the years. Great care was taken to preserve historic elements, while creating comfortable living spaces for contemporary living.
Mary P. Conley Award Winner (2008)