A self-proclaimed architecture fanatic, Mat’s genuine love for the art and craft of his profession is infectious. His passion draws out the best in his teammates and makes his clients feel comfortable immersing themselves in the process. A skilled and empathetic listener, he is able to read between the lines to uncover valuable insights and creative inspiration.
Over his career, Mat has worked on many notable houses throughout New England, but his passion remains rooted in the happiness of his clients and the designs he creates for them, not the accolades. Mat is still as approachable, enthusiastic, and openly collaborative as he was the day he graduated from the prestigious Boston Architectural College.
When he is not working, Mat spends time with his wife Sarah and son Liam, enjoying the simple pleasures of hearth and home. Mat shares his deep appreciation for his family’s rich Scottish heritage by traveling to the Scottish Highland Games where he dons his family kilt and plays the bagpipes alongside his father and son.
Affiliations, Memberships, and Leadership Positions:
- Alumni, Boston Architectural College
- Boston Society of Architects
- American Institute of Architects
- Founder of the Boston Society of Architects (BSA) Residential Design Committee
- Alumni Staff Member, Hayes Engineering, Zarelli Architects, Seimasko Architects.
- Director, Alexander Knight House – First Period Replica Project
- President, Great Marsh Preservation Advocates, 2011 – present
- Vice President of the Ipswich Museum, 2009-2011
- Ipswich Historic Commission, 2003-2006
- Ipswich Historic Society Trustee, 2006-2008
You can reach Mat directly to talk about your project or just introduce yourself by calling 978-356-5026.